It's that time of the year again! The summer holidays are almost here, and parents across the UK will be spending the next few weeks thinking of new ways to keep their kids entertained and engaged throughout the holidays.
Sometimes the thought of having to come up with new and exciting activities for the six weeks that the whole family can enjoy without breaking the bank can be quite the challenge.
Summer holiday activity ideas
The summer holidays are the perfect time to try new things and explore possible hobbies. So keep your little ones entertained all summer with our fun activities for all, whether you have a whole six weeks to fill or you need a few extra fun ideas to entertain your little ones, we are here to inspire the fun!
Spend time out in nature
One of the best ways to keep kids engaged is through active playtime, so head out into nature and explore what the great outdoors has to offer. Whether you explore your own garden, local park or beach, there is a whole range of fun to be had.
Our favourite outdoor summer activities:
- Den building - round-up sticks, leaves and anything you can find to create a super fun hideout within your garden.
- Bug finding - Combine learning and fun by searching your garden for the creepiest crawlies.
- Outdoor group games - group games such as football or rounders are a great way to get everyone involved in some outdoor fun and teach children how to work as a team.
Time to get messy
Unlock a new level of playtime fun for your little ones with Crafty Pods. Allow your children to create as much mess as their heart desires, with no lasting effects for parents.
Crafty Pods can be used in lots of different ways from:
- Painting a beautiful landscape or portrait painting
- Paper maché your favourite toys
- Creating new friends with play dough
- Block building to design new towns and so much more.
Our range of easy cleaning play pods can be used as a way to encourage children to play and create a mess without parents having to worry about them staining the carpets or ruining the worktops.
See how others have been using their Crafty Pods.
Ready, Steady, Bake!
Baking your favourite sweet treats is a fun and creative way to spend the summer holidays. Not only does baking teach children new skills by using a hands-on learning approach, but you also get to eat delicious treats as a result of your hard work!
Our favourite child-friendly treats to try this summer:
- Delicious iced fairy cakes
- Chocolate chip muffins
- Sweet rice crispy cakes